OMR Sheet Scanner
The major difference between the Addmen OMR software and the old OMR scanning machine is that the former reads the OMR sheets once they are scanned while the latter scanned as well as read the OMR sheets. As the OMR scanner scanned the sheets on its own, there were several specific requirements about the paper used for printing the sheets as well as about the printing machine used for this purpose. For all these reasons, the cost of OMR process was quite high. But the OMR software has brought a significant change in the field of OMR technology.
- If you are using the Addmen OMR software to read the OMR sheets, you can scan the sheets with any image scanner.
- Even multifunction machines commonly used in offices can be used for scanning OMR sheets.
- A flatbed scanner should be used if you have to scan only a few sheets at a time. However, an ADF scanner is necessary to scan a large number of sheets in a short period of time.
- You do not need a special scanner that has colour dropping or duplex scanning features. The Addmen OMR software is adept with these features and hence a regular image scanner is all you need. However, a scanner with such features can also be used.
- There is no connection between the scanner and the software; the OMR software works in isolation and hence you do not have to worry about compatibility of the scanner and the software.
- You can scan the OMR sheets on any personal computer even if the OMR software is not installed in it. The scanned sheets can be copied into the computer with the software later.
Types of OMR Scanners
As the performance of the OMR software does not depend on the type of scanner used for the purpose of scanning the sheets, you have the freedom of choosing from a dearth of scanners that are available today. Rather than paying too much money for an expensive scanner, take a look at the factors that you should keep in mind while buying a scanner that would serve your purpose.
- Your workload should be the first factor that determines the type of scanner you need. If you need to scan thousands of sheets every single day, an ADF scanner is something you would need. Otherwise, a flatbed scanner is all you need.
- Your budget is another factor that will help you to make your choice. The cost of regular home or office scanners is around Rs. 10,000, while ADF scanners can cost anywhere around Rs.25000 to Rs. 100000.
- The speed of the scanner you choose will depend on your workload. For light workload, a scanner that scans 5-10 sheets every minute is sufficient. But in case you want to scan 10000-250000 sheets per day, go for a professional scanner that can scan 25-30 sheets or more every day.
- Most normal scanners are small and not very heavy. They can be moved around easily and is very useful if you have to carry the scanner with you at exam centres or client offices for scanning the OMR sheets. So, keep this point in mind while buying a scanner for OMR sheet scanning.
Unlike the OMR scanning machine, you do not have to order the scanner and wait for it for a long time to get it delivered. A regular scanner is commonly available and you can get it home the same day you book it. You can also order scanners online today.